Bathroom Remodeling projects need to start with clear communication between the homeowner and the plumbing contractor. It is best to first to put together an organized plan. Clear communication and a plan can save money, time, and possible frustration. It is important that the homeowners ideas are clearly defined to the plumbing contractor.
Small Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
You may not think that remodeling small bathrooms should be a high priority when remodeling areas of your home. However they can be one of the most valuable areas. Obviously, it is less expensive to remodel a small bathroom than it is to remodel a full or master bathroom. Often the space in small bathrooms can be better utilized in order to open the room up.
You can open the space up for foot traffic and decor in your small bathroom by installing corner cabinets, sinks, faucets or small bathroom vanities in a concentrated area. Often a primary objective in a small bathroom remodel is to open up floor space by increasing storage space without sacrificing any open space.
Some other things too consider are removing windows in small bathrooms as they take up valuable real estate that could be used to place or re position a shower or tub. The door swing needs to be taken into account as well as it takes up as much as a quarter of the room. Using lighter paint colors can make the room seem larger. Replacing a large vanity with a pedestal sink can do wonders for opening up the space. It is also less expensive to put the toilet & shower/tub along one wall. If possible towel storage should be kept outside of the bathroom instead of taking up valuable space. Don’t use wide trim. It should be proportional to the bathroom itself.
Luxury Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
Typically an efficient use of space and organization are considerations but not the primary focus in remodeling large bathrooms. Often the objective is to turn an ordinary large bathroom into a luxury bathrooms. Below is a list of things that can be done or added to make your bathroom more luxurious.
- Whirlpool Tub - Often the cornerstone of a luxury bathroom remodel as roughly 25 percent of high-end bath remodel include one, according to the National Kitchen and Bath Association, a trade group.
- Luxury Shower - Luxury showers are more spacious and include amenities such as clear or frosted doors (goodbye shower curtain), multiple shower heads, shower seats and body spray as well as massaging units. Long showers can be just as common as long baths if you have a luxury shower. Luxury showers are often built with custom natural materials like granite, slate, or marble with electronic controls.
- Home Sauna - Personal sauna lets you ease sore muscles and aching joints.
- Large Stone Counter Tops – Stone counter tops often made marble, granite, or slate greatly increase the visual appeal of a bathroom and give you plenty of space to place all of your grooming products. Another option if space permits is to have a his and her sink.
- Vessel sinks - Vessel sinks have become very popular in luxury bathroom remodels.
- Large mirrors - Allow you to get ready completely in the bathroom without having to go to another room to check your wardrobe.
- Additional Cabinets - High end cabinets add additional storage to a luxury bathroom and often eliminate the need to store towels in a separate linen closet outside the bathroom.
- Electronic faucets - Electronic sensor faucets save on energy costs and require less servicing over time because they are seldom touched.
- Smart toilets/bidets - Often comes with such amenities as a touch-screen pad that controls everything from the built-in stereo’s to the seat temperature and rear dryer pressure. In some models the lid rises in greeting as you approach, and a floor heater keeps your toes toasty on a cold winter morning.
- Tanning showers - Now you can tan while you shower.
- Wine coolers – What sounds more luxurious than unwinding with a glass of champagne while in a whirlpool tub?
- Water-proof televisions for your shower or bath – Watch the morning news, sporting events, or your favorite cooking show while you shower.
With a luxury bathroom your trip to the Spa can be as simple as a walk down the hall.
What is the first step in Bathroom Remodeling?
The first thing you will want to do is contact and speak with a contractor. Tell the contractor your ideas and your budget. The contractor will let you know what is feasible within your budget. You may need to adjust the scale of your ideas in order to fit your budget. The contractor can help you select materials and fixtures to get the most bang for your buck. The contractor can then give you an estimate on your bathroom remodel. A contract and timeline for the project should also be put together.